- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2011.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
A collective post of things that are completely worth celebrating: in no particular order-
- Mazie Hirono (bottom left) from Hawaii becomes the first Asian-American woman (born in Japan) in the U.S. Senate. [x]
- Tammy Duckworth (top) from Illinois becomes the first disabled woman to be elected as Congresswomen. Also, she is half-Thai. [x]
- That means the rape apologist Joe Walsh has been kicked off. [x]
- Todd Akin who’s been quoted saying; “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down” has also been outed from his seat. [x]
- As has the disgusting Richard Murdock who thinks “Rape is a gift from God”. Booted off. [x]
- Colorado has become the first state to legalize the recreational use and sale of marijuana. [x] And it’s predicted it will pass in Washington. [x]
- Maine and Maryland have voted for marriage equality, and Minnesota has voted for NOT passing a ban on marriage equality for same-sex couples. Washington almost has their referendum for marriage equality passed.
- Tammy Baldwin (bottom center) in Wisconsin becomes the first openly gay senator to be elected. [x]
- Mary Gonzalez (bottom right) of Texas is the first openly pansexual senator. [x]
Psst. This post has been edited to include the two people on the bottom, and thank you the people who sent me messages about them.